Free Ham-It-Up Case Giveaway!

All things amateur radio including Software Defined Radio.
Eric

Free Ham-It-Up Case Giveaway!

Post by Eric » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Post here for a chance to win a free Ham-It-Up upconverter 3D printed case shipped anywhere in North America. Let me know what you do with your software defined radio, or anything you would like to see a video made on regarding SDR or the upconverter. 2 winners will be selected at random from the posts here and I will send you a free case for you upconverter.

Best of luck everyone!

Cheers
Eric
I make videos and content on all things electronics, 3D prining and "Maker"
http://www.mkme.org
https://www.youtube.com/mkmeorg

1st_one_in

Re: Free Ham-It-Up Case Giveaway!

Post by 1st_one_in » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

I haven't got an sdr yet, but really can't wait to start. Love the videos

StrangeBeacons

Post by StrangeBeacons » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Eric:

Curt Rowlett here, Strange Beacons on YouTube.

Saw your Ham It Up case giveaway and wanted to throw my name into the hat.

I use my SDR primarily to scan for and listen to interesting digital and utility signals and, if possible, decode them. My latest passion is for decoding pager traffic, but I've also gotten into decoding train data signals, ship and airplane traffic, and weather faxes from NOAA transmissions.

I really enjoy the tutorial/demonstration videos on your YouTube channel and I have learned quite a lot from them. I'd love to see you devote some video time to a tutorial that explains the how, what, and why of basic antennaes for the complete newbie, including the various kinds of connectors (the latter of which I admit I find a bit confusing).

Thanks,

Curt

Ruben

Post by Ruben » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Eric
I just got my my SDR set up around 1 week's ago. I just love being able receiver different station on my computer. I can do the same with my Kenwood TS-870 transceiver but it's not the same I guess it's the visual thing. Lately I been receiving some TV stations from 450.000 to 451 MHz frequencies. Above the 451.000 mhz I get the cab's. I'm also getting a few local repeater on UHF in the 440. MHz band. I also been listening to the police band above and below 476.000 MHz band. I can also listen to a bunch of other things that I have to figure out what they are. I'm going to be ordering my Ham It Up converter soon.
See you on YouTube
Ruben

BenGman

Post by BenGman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello,

I love your Youtube channel. It made me become even more interested in electronics. Your SDR info convinced me to get some SDR dongles and I use them for Flight tracking, HAM and Trunking listening. Soon I will try some weather and satellite tracking.

Thanks for the giveaway!

hamrad88

Post by hamrad88 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:26 am

I have been wanting to get one of the Ham It Up boards for my SDR radio but did not like the idea that it did not have a case. Please entered me into the giveaway contest for the case.

I use my SDR for all kinds of things and love the software that lets you track air traffic as I live near a major airport. The SDR is also great for searching for new transmissions. Unfortunately, it does not work on HF and requires an external converter but I have heard good things about the Ham It Up board.

Tom

StrangeBeacons

Post by StrangeBeacons » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey Eric:

I took the liberty of posting a link to your Case Giveaway video to the RTLSDR subReddit at this link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comments ... _giveaway/

Cheers,

Curt

tylerwatt12

Post by tylerwatt12 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Hey Eric.
I use SDR mostly for trunk tracking and decoding. I run beta.sdrscan.com, a personal project of mine, all done with SDR. I'm a hobbyist programmer by day and HF listener by night. I've got a hamitup 1.2, but would love a nice case for it. Thanks!

K2NCC

Post by K2NCC » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:14 am

I love my RTL-SDR and Ham-It-Up converter. I recently sold all my HF gear, feeling rather burned out on doing the same things so often. Decided to pursue VHF+ but missed the occasional HF exploration and the HIU converter was definitely the answer. Thank you for offering this contest. I never win anything, but appreciate the contribution to a wonderful hobby! vy 73, de frank k2ncc in Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/user/k2nccvids/videos

laranje

Post by laranje » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:10 am

I would like to use in HF radio Ham !